Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
If you listen to any modern-day entrepreneurial advice out there, you’ll soon learn that entrepreneurs can become obsessed with “hustle” and working hard. Work and business can become an idol
But is constantly working around the clock the way God wants us working and living?
Jordan Raynor is a serial entrepreneur and bestselling author who leads a growing community of Christians following God’s call to create. He currently serves as the CEO of the venture-backed tech startup, Threshold 360. He is also a co-founder of Citizinvestor, the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for government projects. Jordan has twice been selected as a Google Fellow and served in the Bush White House in 2006. He lives in Tampa, Florida, with his wife and their two young daughters.
In this episode, Jordan Raynor and I discuss:
- How do we trust God and “hustle” at the same time?
- Should we always be hustling and working hard 24/7?
- Will God consider some of the products we create to be worth to carry on into eternity?
- The importance of Sabbath rest.
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
– Philippians 1:6 ESV
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Threshold 360
- Called to Create by Jordan Raynor
- Called to Create official website
- Click here to email Jordan (email@example.com)
- “In Christ Alone” by Keith and Kristyn Getty
- The Gospel Coalition
- Timothy Keller’s Official Website
- Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9)
- Isaiah 60
- Every Good Endeavor by Timothy Keller
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- I Chronicles 29
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Getting Things Done by David Allen