This post will take you less than five minutes to read, and will help make you 5x more productive. How do I know? Because it’s the same productivity process I use everyday (and since using it, I’ve become 5x more productive).
If you want to get things done, here’s how:
1. Start work at a specific time each day (for me, I wake up at 6am and start work at 8am)
2. Remove all distractions
3. Have a todo list for each project you are working on (I use Basecamp and Clear)
4. Use the pomodoro technique, and go through your todo list (I use this iPhone app. Also, a cup of coffee helps too.)
Some other tips:
- Go for a 10-15 minute walk at some point during the day.
- Have lunch at a specific time each day.
- End work at a specific time each day (helps create a ‘finish line’ to your day).
- Try to go get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
I know that if I follow the process above, I am focused, productive, and have peace of mind knowing that I completed what I needed to get done. (And I know that if I don’t follow the process above, I am more sloppy, unfocused, unproductive, and I have more stress because I didn’t complete the tasks I needed to for the day.)
Peace of mind vs. stress – that’s why being focused and productive at work matters. That’s what it comes down to.
When I remind myself of this every day – and follow the process above – I am motivated, focused, productive, and most importantly, I have peace of mind.