I realize that some of you may want to learn more about personal finance and give your fiscal muscles a work out, so I decided to put together this post of some of the best personal finance blogs and websites out there.
Here are six of the best personal finance blogs and websites. I highly recommend subscribing to them by RSS and/or email. If I left one out that you think deserves to be in this list, let us know in the comments below.
- ChristianPF (which stands for, Christian Personal Finance) is one of my favorite personal finance blogs to read because it is written from a biblical perspective. The blog is practical, creative, biblical, and fun to read, covering a wide range of financial topics.
- This blog is founded and written by Ramit Sethi, author of the New York Times bestselling book I Will Teach You To Be Rich. (Which is a GREAT book on money and personal finance! I highly recommend it.) Ramit is wise and funny, and knows this money stuff really well. His blog covers personal finance foundations, and also other topics related to personal finance, like landing your dream job, the psychology of money, and investing.
- Get Rich Slowly is one of the first personal finance blogs I started reading, and it continues to be one of my favorites to this day. From simple budgeting basics, which bank accounts are best choice, investment advice, how to cut/save money in ways you never thought about, and whether or not getting another college degree is a good investment, this blog covers it all. The founder of the blog, JD Roth, also wrote a book entitled, Your Money: The Missing Manual.
- Dave’s website is a great place to go for financial advice, financial resources, and to listen to his live radio show. While I highly recommend reading Dave’s financial books, you can learn a lot of great personal finance skills through his website. Remember, Dave’s philosophy is about changing your heart and your behavior towards money, so he is going to be straightforward, honest, and extremely confident in his teaching. Be open to it; the man has a lot of great stuff to teach us.
- Trent Hamm is the founder of The Simple Dollar blog, and also of the book The Simple Dollar. This blog provides great financial advice that is simple, straightforward, and easy to understand. Trent was a man who had a lot of debt and turned his family tree around through the money lessons he learned. Now he is living the life he wants and having his money serve him rather than being a slave to his money. He knows his stuff and his own life is proof of it.
- This blog by J. Money is hilariously good. His personality and attitude leak through his blog posts, making you feel like you’re talking with the man himself, while laughing as you read his posts.
There you go, six of the best personal finance blogs and websites. All of the sites listed above have been helpful to me and I believe that they will help you too.
Remember, learning to manage your money is a simple skill that will reap great benefits over the years. Control your money, don’t let your money control you.
Question: which personal finance blogs and websites have helped you with money? Feel free to share with us in the comments below!