Listen/Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Sticher
According to research by Aberdeen, businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video.
Every day on YouTube, people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views. (YouTube also has over a billion users – almost one-third of all people on the Internet.)
Video is an extremely effective medium for engaging people and growing revenue.
In this episode, we sit down with my friend and fellow entrepreneur Dave Hunter and discuss do-it-yourself (DIY) video production. If you’re interested in making videos for your business, this episode is for you.
Dave is the founder of Greenroom Video Production and has been a full-time entrepreneur for 11+ years. Some of his past and present clients include Sears, Delta Airlines, Judson University, AT&T, and Willow Creek Community Church. (Click here to watch some of the videos he’s done for clients.)
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How one relationship can completely change the trajectory of your business, generate more referrals than you ever imagined, and lead to thousands of dollars in revenue.
- How to make quality videos for your business – even if you don’t have a studio, expensive film equipment, or a clue where to begin.
- What equipment you need (and don’t need) when starting out – and why you shouldn’t focus on video equipment, or let it hold you back from making videos.
- Why video engages and converts prospects better than any other medium online.
- When you should do DIY video and when you shoulder hire a professional videographer.
“…’Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'”
– Matthew 25:21 ESV
Mentioned in this episode
- Greenroom Video Production
- GreenRoom Improv
- Judson University
- Apple® iPhone (Start here)
- Canon 70D Digital SLR Camera (then move onto something better, like this bad boy.)
- Windows Movie Maker
- Adobe Premiere
- Final Cut Pro
- Jeff Walker
- Product Launch Formula
- Michael Hyatt
- Matthew 25:14-30 (The Parable of the Talents)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, by Stephen R. Covey
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What To Do About it, by Michael E. Gerber
Leave a Reply