At some point, you will need to hire people and build a team in order for your business to keep growing. How do you do that? Bobby Albert grew his company from a handful of employees to over 150, eventually selling his business to a publicly traded company. In this episode, he shares valuable insights and tips to help you hire team members and employees so that you can start building your own team.
Bobby Albert led the Albert Companies to unprecedented growth—and he did so during one of the most challenging economic periods in our lifetime. His unique leadership, coupled with an unending desire to learn, enabled this CEO and his team to grow the Albert Companies by 500 percent between 2005 and 2011, the year he sold his business to a publicly traded company.
Using a values-driven approach, Bobby created a unique and special workplace culture. The Best 100 Companies to Work for in Texas awarded their coveted designation to the Albert team for the first two years they applied for consideration. A life-long entrepreneur, Bobby has started up twelve different businesses and acquired nine others. His approach to business has been to value people, seek wisdom, embrace humility, and never stop learning.
He is currently president of Values-Driven Leadership, LLC. His passion is to help other leaders build inspiring workplace cultures through values-driven leadership. Bobby writes, speaks, and consults with key leaders to share the principles and practices that he used to grow his company from five employees to an organization of more than 150 team members.
Bobby lives in north Texas with his wife, Susan. They have three married sons and seven grandchildren.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How you can use your business as a ministry to serve your team members, customers, and vendors. (8:49)
- How to hire employees, contractors, and other team members for your business. (20:54)
- How to prioritize what position to hire first (32:47)
- The five departments of any business and what to look for when hiring. (21:34)
- Three questions to ask before making big decisions (26:28)
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
– Colossians 3:23-24 NIV
Mentioned in this episode:
- Albert Companies
- Bobby Albert
- Send Bobby an email: email@example.com
- Core Values
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is An Inside Job by Bobby Albert
- Marketplace Chaplains
- First Liberty Institute
- John C. Maxwell – The Law Of The Lid