Is it good or bad to be wealthy? How should Christian entrepreneurs view their money, possessions, and mission in life? If you’ve ever asked yourself these kinds of questions, this podcast episode is for you.
On today’s show, we sit down with Dr. Craig Keener. Dr. Keener is one of the leading New Testament scholars in the United States, if not the world. He’s written 21+ books and is a professor of New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary in Kentucky. His book The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament has sold over half a million copies alone!
Not only is Dr. Craig Keener absolutely brilliant, but he’s also achieved a level of success with his writing that gives him the credibility to speak on this topic with integrity.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How exactly do we store up treasures in heaven? (7:03)
- Is having wealth and being a high-income earner bad or a blessing? (9:45)
- The eye being the lamp of the body (15:45)
- How to determine if you’re serving God or Mammon (22:09)
- Is professional ambition good or bad? (24:24)
- What does eternal success look like according to Jesus? (28:44)
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other,
or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
– Jesus Christ (Matthew 6:24 NIV)