Blogging changed my life.
Through blogs, I’ve learned more about myself, received free books and other gifts, increased my communication ability, learned about what I want to do in life, landed a couple jobs, and connected with wonderful people I’d never otherwise meet.
I’ve found blogs to be incredibly beneficial for the writer, the reader, and a community of people.
If you’ve ever thought about blogging, do it. Go to WordPress.com and set up a free account. (Then get your own self-hosted website/blog once you’re ready to go to the next level.)
Here are 20 reasons why you need to start blogging today:
1. You will become a better communicator.
2. Your story will inspire & help others.
3. You can meet new people with similar interests and passions.
4. You could land a job. (It happened to me a couple times.)
5. You can make money blogging.
6. You may figure out what you want to do in life.
7. You can expand your business by reaching new clients and strengthening relationships with existing customers.
8. You will meet new people who are awesome and passionate about the same things you are.
9. You will join the blogosphere: a worldwide community of wonderful people sharing valuable, educational content.
10. You can learn practically any new skill through blogs – Cooking, HTML, Fashion, Health, Writing, Snowboarding, Graphic design, etc.
11. You’ll be challenged, stretched, and inspired, and you’ll grow as a person.
12. You’ll have the pure pleasure of creating something valuable and contributing to the world in a unique way. (We call this Art.)
13. You’ll realize – through the hard work of setting up a blog, consistently writing, and sharing your art with the world – that you are capable of MUCH more than you think, and you’ll gain the courage to pursue bigger, greater, and more significant things.
14. You could get a book contract with a publisher. (It happened to this guy.)
15. You’re life could go in a whole new direction that you never thought possible (it happened to me).
16. You’ll grow in your faith and be encouraged about life. (I believe this is one reason why I am so optimistic.)
17. You can showcase your skill and expertise to potential employers and clients, who may approach you to work with/for them.
18. Authors may want you to read their books and review them on your blog, in which case they’ll send you a free copy of their book.
19. You’ll have something new to talk about with friends and new people you meet.
20. It’s your online “home” where people can learn about you, your business, your passions, and connect with you – either for fun and friendship, or for business.
Don’t be afraid of starting a blog; you will learn from your mistakes and you can grow your blogging education as you go.
Months and years from now, you will be glad you did.
Question: Have you started a blog, and if so, how has blogging changed your life? Tell us in the comments below!