Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.”
– Proverbs 3:13-14
No matter what area of life you want to grow and succeed in, wisdom will help you in all areas: relationships, career, financial, serving/ministry, health, life, etc. Wisdom is merely knowing what’s the best thing to do, and doing it. Here are 12 simple and practical ways to grow in wisdom today.
12 Simple and Practical Ways To Grow In Wisdom:
- Read books (especially non-fiction) every day
- Treat one person you respect and look up to to coffee or lunch (aim for once a week or every two weeks), and pick his/her brain on life
- Observe the mistakes you make, and the mistakes others make, and actively ask questions (why did that happen? What would have prevented that?), take mental notes, and don’t copy those mistakes (tip: do the opposite)
- Observe your successful accomplishments, and the successful accomplishments of others, and actively ask questions (why did that happen? What made that succeed?), take mental notes, repeat, and improve upon.
- Study the habits of successful people, and implement those habits into your own life
- Read one chapter of Proverbs every day, and read three of your favorite verses (from that chapter) out loud to embed it into your soul. Then, DO what you read.
- Don’t watch TV – except for Shark Tank. (Note: You could gain an extra 1-3 hours of time PER DAY by eliminating TV from your daily routine. That’s been the case for me.)
- Travel. Anywhere, and everywhere, and do it as much as you can.
- Serve others, in simple and big ways. (never forget: Jesus defined greatness as service – Mark 10:45 – so it is definitely a wise decision to serve often)
- Hang out with wise people more often (“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise…” – Proverbs 13:20)
- Start stuff. You’ll learn A LOT by just going for it, experimenting, researching, and discovering how to achieve your goals.
- Always Be Learning (ABL) – from people, experiences, books, magazines, courses, the news, whatever. If you are learning, you are growing.
Do you have any tips on how to grow in wisdom? Leave a comment below and share with us!